Saturday, January 9, 2010

spenceeeeeee <3

i just got my first letter from spence today so i thought i would write about him! oh my goodness..what a great boy and an amazing example!
we met on the bus ride home from an away basketball game, it was USU vs. U of U. i thought he was hilarious right off the bat, and he ended up coming back to my apartment that night and we stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning laughing and talking. i seriously remember peeing in my pants a little that night, i was laughing so hard.
all of my roomates fell in love with him, as did i. he was so kind, so funny, and is just one of those people that make you feel good about yourself, and make you feel important. he made every single one of my friends that he ever met feel like they were a million bucks, and seriously this kid hit it off with everyone! he even ended up on the phone with my ex-boyfriend one night..dont ask me how, and at the end of the conversation, was like, "alright, love you bro." and funny enough, kirt said, "love you man!" haha it just warmed my heart.
he became a regular at our apartment, and i started to do just about everything i could with him. we studied together, ate together, sledded alot, and man-this kid whipped me into shape. he wanted to race EVERYWHERE. i still dont really get that. all i know is my mile time went way down after being with him.
one catch about this guy. he had the mish call before he even met me. he was leaving december 30th, and was so excited. i wanted to be excited for him too, but had a hard time. this was the first guy i connected with since moving up to logan, and i was not OK with losing that so fast. regardless, we continued to spend time together.
now that he is gone, i am still sad to have lost such a good friend for the time being- but i realize even now more what a good example he was of being christlike. spencer held no grudges, saw everyone as children of god, and loved every person he ever laid eyes on. he treated everyone as they should be treated, as a divine child of God. he was so excited to give his life to serve the Lord. there was truly not one ounce of him that wanted to do anything else, or had any selfish reason to stay here and do things on his own time. although i wish there was the tiniest part of him that wanted to stay here and be with me-maybe deep deep down there is, but maybe im just flattering myself-i wouldnt have it any other way. he gave an example to me that i need, and i consider myself lucky to have solicited his attention for the time that i did. \
loveeeee you elder stevens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment